HypnoBirthing® - The Mongan Method
HypnoBirthing® - The Mongan Method is as much a philosophy as it is a technique. The concept of HypnoBirthing® is not new, but rather a "rebirth" of the philosophy of birthing as it existed thousands of years ago and as it was recaptured in the work of Dr. Grantly Dick-Read, an English obstetrician, who, in the 1920's, was one of the first to forward the concept of natural birthing. The method teaches you that, in the absence of fear and tension, or special medical circumstances, severe pain does not have to be an accompaniment of labor. You will gain an understanding of how the birthing muscles work in perfect harmony - as they were designed to - when your body is sufficiently relaxed and you trust birth. You will learn how to achieve this kind of relaxation, free of the resistance that fear created, and you will learn to use your natural birthing instincts for a calm, serene, and comfortable birth.
When you have your baby with HypnoBirthing®, you will not be in a trance or a sleep. What you will experience is similar to the daydreaming, or focusing, that occurs when you are engrossed in a book or a movie, or staring into a fire.
"When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change." -Marie F. Mongan
What you can gain from this course:
- A safer birthing experience for mother and baby
- A shorter, more comfortable birth
- A special, integral role for your Birthing Companion
- Fewer incidences of needing medication
- Fewer breech presentations
- Fewer complications and easier resolution in the event of complication
- An awake, refreshed, and energized birthing mother
- A better outcome for mother and baby
- A calm, peaceful birthing environment
- Good natured babies who are better sleepers and eaters
- Happy parents who experience a serene, joyful birth rather than a tense, stressful ordeal
Trained HypnoBirthing® educators are successfully teaching women and their birthing companions to trust birth and release all fear and limiting thoughts. HypnoBirthing® practitioners can be found in 45 countries throughout the world.
HypnoBirthing® Classes are:
Taught in a 5 week series as required by HypnoBirthing® Institute.
They are 2 1/2 to 3 hours in length. Classes start on time and end on time as I want to be respectful of your various schedules.
The HypnoBirthing® textbook and Rainbow Relaxation CD set are included in the price of the class, as well as all handouts.
It is recommended that you take the classes sometime between month 5-8 of your pregnancy. However, it is never too early to sign up. The earlier in your pregnancy that you take this class, the more time you will have to practice! And, it is never too late either. You can always benefit from taking the HypnoBirthing® classes regardless of when you take them. Moms that have taken private classes during their last weeks have had as much success as those that took the classes in the first trimester.
Before the classes begin it is recommended that you read the book "HypnoBirthing®, the Mongan Method." At the very least - you need to read the first 80 - 90 pages before the beginning of classes. When you pay your deposit and complete the registration form I can meet with you and give you a copy of the textbook along with the practice cd or mail them. You will need to bring your book with you to each class and something to take notes on. Also, feel free to dress comfortably and bring snacks/drinks.
What You Will Learn in HypnoBirthing Classes. The breakdown.
Building A Positive Expectancy
- Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing philosophy
- The History of Women and Birthing
- Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
- How the uterus works and how vocabulary resonates with birth
- How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
- Psycho-Physical Exercises/Calm Breathing
- HypnoBirthing® birth videos.
Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
- HypnoBirthing® Birth Videos
- The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
- Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
- Breathing techniques for labor and birthing
- Relaxation and visualization techniques
- Deepening Techniques and Releasing limiting thoughts worksheet
Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
- HypnoBirthing® Birth Videos
- Nutrition and Exercise, Toning the Body
- Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
- Preparing the Body for Birthing
- Your body working for and with you
- Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labor
- Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
An overview of Birthing – A Labor of Love
- HypnoBirthing® Birth Video
- Onset of Labor – Thinning and Opening Phase
- As labor moves along – passing time through labor
- Hallmarks of labor
- If labor rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
- As labor advances – birthing with your baby
- Protecting the natural birthing experience
- Birth rehearsal imagery
Birth – Breathing Love - Bringing Life
- Birthing Video
- Moving into birthing
- Positions for descent and birthing
- Birth Breathing Review
Private Classes: $300
Group Classes: $200